Re: Test request for Stats collector performance improvement - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Test request for Stats collector performance improvement
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Qingqing Zhou wrote:

> "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote
> >
> > Hm?  I don't see any improvement there:
> >

> I was referening this sentence, though I am not sure why that's the
> expectation:
> >
> > "Bruce Momjian" <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> wrote
> > If the patch worked, the first and third times will be similar, and
> > the second time will be high.

I meant that the non-stats and the patched stats should be the similar,
and the stats without the patch (the second test) should be high.

> -- After patch --
>
> real    0m1.275s
> user    0m0.097s
> sys     0m0.160s
>
> real    0m4.063s
> user    0m0.663s
> sys     0m0.377s
>
> real    0m1.259s
> user    0m0.073s
> sys     0m0.160s

I assume the above is just running the same test three times, right?

--  Bruce Momjian   http://candle.pha.pa.us EnterpriseDB    http://www.enterprisedb.com