Re: TODO: Add pg_get_acldef(), pg_get_typedefault(), pg_get_attrdef(), - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: TODO: Add pg_get_acldef(), pg_get_typedefault(), pg_get_attrdef(),
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > O.k. so now what I am getting from this thread is, the functions exist
> > now in pg_dump but we want to pull them out of pg_dump and push them
> > into the backend?
>
> That's exactly what I *don't* want to do.  If you can think of a
> use-case for these functions outside of pg_dump, feel free to put them
> in the backend, but pg_dump should continue to do things as it does now.

Oh, OK, I guess.  pg_dump already uses some of those functions so I
figured it should use more, but you work in that area more than I do.

--  Bruce Momjian   http://candle.pha.pa.us EnterpriseDB    http://www.enterprisedb.com