Re: Latest timezone data in 8.1.4 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: Latest timezone data in 8.1.4
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jun 10, 2006 at 05:44:37AM -0700, Paul Lindner wrote:
> Some questions...
>
>  * Is this the correct way to do this?

It's as good a way as any. I have on occasion considered linking the
postgres timezone data to the system timezone data, solving this
problem.

>  * Can updating the timezone data be a part of the release checklist?

That would be nice. IIRC, the changed daylight savings for australia
never made any release before it actually happened.

>  * Finally, is it possible to upgrade a running server with new timezone
>    data?

Sure, it'll take effect immediatly for new backends. For existing ones
probably not.

Have a nice day,