Re: OO PostgreSQL Driver - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: OO PostgreSQL Driver
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Friday 19 May 2006 14:22, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > Other projects need even more intensive coding help.  OpenOffice, for
> > example, doesn't offer the Postgres driver by default because it's still
> > too buggy. That would be solvable with money, but $1000 to $2000, not
> > $50.
>
> Does it really need one since it supports JDBC and ODBC?

It's not about what OO needs, it's about what PG needs.  Consider this; if
database M works out of the box...  but database P requires you to go find
some third party software and download it and install it in order to work...
you tell me which one is going to have the advantage in new user adoption?

--
Robert Treat