Re: Sun Server Location - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Sun Server Location
Date
List pgsql-www
Simon,

> OK, I can confirm EDB have space, power and willingness to manage and
> I'll put time in to make sure this is managed as a community resource,
> with equal access. Operator cover should be possible 24x7 to allow
> global access, but with a proviso of reasonable efforts, rather than the
> "best efforts" you'd expect on a pay-for support contract.

It may have already shipped.  I'll check.

> EDB should also be able to put money in to get some reasonable external
> disks, but I won't put a figure on it here. Josh, I'd appreciate it if
> you could pass the hat round a little bit?

Um, if EDB is not supplying a JBOD or similar extra disks, I don't really
understand the point in having them host it?  If we're going to take up a
collection, then I think it makes more sense to host it with an NPO, yes?

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions