Re: [pgsql-advocacy] One line new items - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] One line new items
Date
List pgsql-www
On Wed, 17 May 2006, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>>>
>>> No, that is completely evil.
>>
>> Not really, it is pretty common to open a new window "if" the link takes
>> you from the original site you were viewing.
>
> Commonly annoying it seems. ;-)

Agree there ...

>> Although I don't think the step is required, I think we just need to
>> make sure people are offering something beyond a link if we are going to
>> post their item.
>
> Yep.

Don't disagree here ... but, its not that wide an area on the site, are
things going to look 'bunched up' if we add a 'line of text'?  Do we need
to somehow re-org the News/Events section on the site to accommodate the
extra text?

----