Re: Diferences between functions criated in pg 8.0.4 and criated in pg 7.4.8 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andreas Kretschmer
Subject Re: Diferences between functions criated in pg 8.0.4 and criated in pg 7.4.8
Date
List pgsql-general
Alejandro Michelin Salomon ( Adinet ) <alejmsg@adinet.com.uy> schrieb:
> I criated some function in my pg 8.0.4, they function as spected.
>
> But when i try tu criate this functions in my hosting that has pg 7.4.8, i
> can not do.
> I read documentation an i see some disferences.
>
> This is one of original function that i try to criate :
>
> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION LEFT( sTexto CHARACTER VARYING, nPosFin INTEGER )
> RETURNS "varchar" AS $$
                       ^^
this works only since 8.0 or 8.1, i'm not sure, but not in 7.x.

You need "create or replace ... as '" and within the funktion '' for
single '. Please read the documentation for 7.x.

HTH, Andreas
"If I was god, I would recompile penguin with --enable-fly."    (unknow)