Re: GUI Interface - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: GUI Interface
Date
Re: GUI Interface  ("Jim C. Nasby" <jnasby@pervasive.com>)
List pgsql-general
Scott Marlowe wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-05-12 at 11:39, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > > I am regularly dealing with customers, and specifically developers that
> > > are running Linux+PostgreSQL on the server... but their desktop of
> > > choice is MacOSX.
> >
> > And to follow up on this, I just saw that Tom Lane, Buddha guru of
> > PostgreSQL runs a Powerbook ;)
>
> Now now, he didn't say it was his.  Could be his mother's...
>
> (ducks to avoid tomato thrown by Bruce...)

I remember he got some type of Mac laptop while he was at Greatbridge,
but when they went bust, the parent company didn't know what to do with
a Mac, so they let him keep it.  (I didn't use a laptop at the time.)
Might be the same one.

Anyway, it would make an interesting reason for choosing a Mac.  I can
see the commerical now.  :-)

I actually use a laptop running XP.  I got it for the Win32 port, and
because I use putty/ssh, Mozilla, and Gaim 99% of the time, it doesn't
matter what OS I use.  I could install a unix on it, but there seems to
be no need because all my unix work is done on my server via ssh.

--
  Bruce Momjian   http://candle.pha.pa.us