Re: audit table containing Select statements submitted - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: audit table containing Select statements submitted
Date
Re: audit table containing Select statements submitted  (Christopher Kings-Lynne <chris.kings-lynne@calorieking.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Tom,

> This argument strikes me as nonsense.  You've got a utility that's smart
> enough to parse the very-free-format message bodies, but it's going to
> be too confused by the log line prefix?

Having tinkered a little with PQA, yes, actually.  The issue is that the
"message" text can easily be multi-line and contain a vast variety of
special characters.  The issue is figuring out where the prefix, the tag
and the message begin and end.  And our text log format makes that a PITA.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun