Re: Is a SERIAL column a "black box", or not? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim C. Nasby
Subject Re: Is a SERIAL column a "black box", or not?
Date
Re: Is a SERIAL column a "black box", or not?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 11:25:33AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> mark@mark.mielke.cc writes:
> > Ah. I was wondering about that. When I saw the first poster tag
> > 'SECURITY DEFINER' on the end of the expression I assumed it was
> > something that I didn't know you could do... :-)
>
> No, he was inventing syntax that doesn't exist.

Which begs the question, how hard would it be to add that syntax? I
suspect it would be useful in cases besides sequences, and certainly
seems to be a lot less of a hassle than having to wrap stuff in an extra
function just to get that capability...