Re: Mirroring PostgreSQL related content - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Mirroring PostgreSQL related content
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Fri, 21 Apr 2006, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Jim C. Nasby wrote:
>> After seeing reports of some very interesting sounding articles that
>> were hosted elsewhere are now 404...
>>
>> Do we make any efforts to mirror the content of PostgreSQL related
>> stories or articles? Presumably this would require contacting authors
>> for permission, but perhaps we can find some enthusiastic newbies to do
>> that...
>

> It is a heck of a lot more then that... most authors don't have rights to
> allow postgresql.org to do that.

Are there any good 'link checkers' that we could run on the site, say on a
daily basis, that would check for failed links?  I normally use the web
based ones, but for this we'd need something good to run from the command
line ...

----