Major upcoming upgrade to postgresql.org ... - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Major upcoming upgrade to postgresql.org ...
Date
List pgsql-www
Around the 1st of May, I'm planning on migrating the postgresql.org
vServer to our new FreeBSD 6.x / amd64 server ... this will involve a few
hours of downtime, as the ports used within the vServer will have to be
upgraded, but that is why we've been moving off of using the older
templates, to make this smoother ...

Over the next 2 weeks, I'm going to be migrating a couple of other
vServers over to there, to test upgrading a vServer from i386 -> amd64,
and FreeBSD 4.x -> FreeBSD 6.x, to see if it causes any problems ...

Two reasons for posting this:

    1. to give a heads up

    2. to make sure that there isn't anything that anyone knows about
       happening on / about the 1st of May that suggests it should be
       postponed a bit ...

Checking the calendar ... May 1st is a Monday ... preferring to do it on a
weekend, will do it either April 29th, or May 6th, both Saturdays ...
right now, I'm favoring the 29th date (the sooner, the better) ...

Once completed, a replica of this will be maintained at our new Toronto
Data Center, to provide us with an "up to date" network failover backup

----