Re: pgadmin3 and partitionned tables - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Marc Cousin
Subject Re: pgadmin3 and partitionned tables
Date
List pgadmin-support
On Monday 10 April 2006 15:37, Andreas Pflug wrote:
> Always stay on the list, private mail frequently gets dropped!!!
Yeah, my mistake :)

> > The table contains 0 rows, but there are several tables that inherit from
> > this one. And those table contain the real rows.
>
> Ok, you didn't mention inheritance, now I see the problem.
> There's only the solution to set the option "count rows if est. rowcount
> < -1" at the moment. I don't see a good final solution, maybe not
> counting if inherited tables are present regardless of reltuples?

I'd think it would be better never to count if there are inherited tables, as
it will frequently be because of partitionning so most of the time, there
will be plenty of records.

I'll use the workaround for now... thanks a lot