Re: Sun Fire T2000 and PostgreSQL 8.1.3 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Sun Fire T2000 and PostgreSQL 8.1.3
Date
List pgsql-performance
Juan,

> When I hit
> this pgsql on this laptop with a large query I can see the load spike up
> really high on both of my virtual processors.  Whatever, pgsql is doing
> it looks like both cpu's are being used indepently.

Nope, sorry, you're being decieved.   Postgres is strictly one process, one
query.

You can use Bizgres MPP to achieve multithreading; it's proprietary and you
have to pay for it.  It does work well, though.

More importantly, though, you haven't really explained why you care about
multithreading.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus