Re: PostgreSQL committer history? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: PostgreSQL committer history?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> > On Thu, 9 Mar 2006, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> > >The patch queues are open and committers are encourages to apply them.
> > >Neil and Tom do it sometimes.  I then remove the item and update any
> > >TODO entries.
> >
> > Is it as simple as "if nobody objects within 24 hours, apply"?
>
> No, it isn't.  Consider a time when the reviewers are in vacation or
> something.  Also nobody has the time to review all the patches that are
> posted.  Bruce doesn't do a quality assessment, as far as I know, when
> he adds a patch to the queue.  So I wouldn't expect a non-coding core
> person like yourself to blindly apply any patch that makes it into the
> patch queue.

Patches go into the queue if no one objects, and if the idea seems
sound, and I usually eyeball the patch.  I don't review the patch fully
until it is in the queue.

--
  Bruce Momjian   http://candle.pha.pa.us
  SRA OSS, Inc.   http://www.sraoss.com