Re: PostgreSQL committer history? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: PostgreSQL committer history?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Dirk Riehle wrote:
> Thanks! I want to run some statistical analysis (not just on pgsql
> but other OSS projects as well) on changes in committer population.
> How could I figure out whether anyone ever left? (Or does one just
> become dormant?)
>
> My guess is that in most OSS projects, the number of committers
> increases over time, but the rate of contributor to committer
> conversion declines. May sound obvious, but of course there are other
> factors, like pace of development and need for people that influences this.

Keep in mind that many patches developed by others are applied by a
committer, so you can't assume the person committing the patch wrote the
patch.  There is a name in the commit message when this happens though.

--
  Bruce Momjian   http://candle.pha.pa.us
  SRA OSS, Inc.   http://www.sraoss.com