Re: What if? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jim C. Nasby
Subject Re: What if?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 08:56:39PM -0400, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Feb 2006, Jim C. Nasby wrote:
>
> >On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 08:17:25PM -0400, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> >>Which has generated, on average, $50/mo and has gone exactly to what it
> >>states ...
> >
> >BTW, I bet we'd get a LOT more $$ if people could donate towards the
> >development of specific TODO items. Of course the issue there is that
> >most folks capable of working on TODO items have more consulting
> >business than they know what to do with...
>
> Which is why the 'donate' link will be replaced with one to SPI as soon as
> Josh is ready ...

Except that I think it would be a mistake to drop PayPal as an option.
It's so incredibly easy for anyone with a paypal account to donate that
it's easy to get 'drive-by donations'. Writing a check or even doing a
credit card payment as a lot more troublesome. Paypal also allows people
in a lot more countries to donate.