Re: What if? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: What if?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Jim,

> BTW, I bet we'd get a LOT more $$ if people could donate towards the
> development of specific TODO items. Of course the issue there is that
> most folks capable of working on TODO items have more consulting
> business than they know what to do with...

That's actually a potential legal issue.  Since the PostgreSQL Fund is part
of a 501(c)3, it's currently unclear if that kind of sponsored development
is legal.

currently unclear == I asked 3 attorneys and one IRS agent and got 5
different opinions.

--Josh

--
__Aglio Database Solutions_______________