Re: What if? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: What if?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Mike,

> What if I knew someone that would be willing to pull their checkbook out
> once a quarter and make a contribution to PostgreSQL in the form of $$
> (not code or a programmer).
>
> Real simple.  No PayPal, no t-shirts.  Just $$, which could be used for
> developer bonus/interns/tools ... or whatever.
>
> Is there a way to do that or is this not possible (IRS, no checking
> account, <insert reason>)?
>
> Yes/no/maybe?

Yes.    You can make out a check to "Software in the Public Interest /
Attention: PostgreSQL Fund".   http://www.spi-inc.org/donations  Money
will be used for: infrastructure costs, promotion materials, legal fees
and/or developer sponsorships, and governance over these funds is
currently being organized (you're likely to become a member just by
virture of donating).  We are not able to accept designated gifts at this
time.

We'll have a Donor Page up RSN.

Note that this is for the US and Canada only.   Donors in France, Japan and
Australia have local PostgreSQL organizations; donors elsewhere need to
set one up!

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus