Re: ltree + gist index performance degrades significantly over a night - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bernhard Weisshuhn
Subject Re: ltree + gist index performance degrades significantly over a night
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 10:27:20AM -0800, CG <cgg007@yahoo.com> wrote:

> [...] I'd need to see if the space required for the varchar+btree tables are
> comparible, better, or worse than the ltree+gist tables with regards to size.

Please test this, I'm guessing (hoping actually) that having bazillions of
combinations of 26 (or so) characters (ltree labels) might be consuming
less space than having bazillions of substings in the database.

Or maybe some clever combination of both approaches?

If you find out something interesting, please let me know.

regards,
bkw