Re: Postgre capability - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Farhad
Subject Re: Postgre capability
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,
Thanks for the link.
More exactly I wanted to know how far PostgreSql is from the Oracle or DB2 regard the following point:
Performances,
Data volume management, Could PostgreSql handle the giga data?
Backup and restore functionality.

Thanks  Farhad

"Jim C. Nasby" <jnasby@pervasive.com> wrote:
On Sun, Feb 26, 2006 at 04:55:21AM -0800, Farhad wrote:
> Hi All,
> I'm looking for any experience on runing an ERP software (Oracle application, SAP, PeopleSoft, ...) on top of a postgre data base.

The database is called PostgreSQL or Postgres, not Postgre.

Search for ERP and Postgres on http://sourceforge.net and you'll get
some hits back. I don't know of anyone running a commercial ERP system
on PostgreSQL, but that doesn't mean someone isn't doing it.
--
Jim C. Nasby, Sr. Engineering Consultant jnasby@pervasive.com

TIP 9: In versions be low 8.0, the planner will ignore your desire to
match

Yahoo! Mail