Re: What is the syntax for setting a default date in PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andreas Kretschmer
Subject Re: What is the syntax for setting a default date in PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
lists@adontendev.net <lists@adontendev.net> schrieb:

> This issue always stumps me. I need to set the default date for a column in
> postgres. A value for today, today + x days, now (timestamp), now + x amount of
> days.

test=# select current_date;
    date
------------
 2006-02-20
(1 row)

test=# select current_date + '5 days'::interval;
      ?column?
---------------------
 2006-02-25 00:00:00
(1 row)

test=# select now();
              now
-------------------------------
 2006-02-20 17:56:24.136771+01
(1 row)

test=# select now() + '5 days'::interval;
           ?column?
-------------------------------
 2006-02-25 17:56:29.780316+01
(1 row)

test=# create table foo (id int, datum date default current_date + '5 days'::interval);
CREATE TABLE
test=# insert into foo (id) values (1);
INSERT 0 1
test=# select * from foo;
 id |   datum
  1 | 2006-02-25

HTH, Andreas
"If I was god, I would recompile penguin with --enable-fly."    (unknow)