Re: How to find release notes - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Russ Brown
Subject Re: How to find release notes
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 16:15:43 +0000
Adam Witney <awitney@sgul.ac.uk> wrote:

> On 2/2/06 4:06 pm, "Russ Brown" <pickscrape@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Ah, there is it. Thanks! Just me not looking hard enough.
> >
> > However, I would argue that I shouldn't have to look so hard. I
> > instinctively went for the 8.1.2 release link, and I think there
> > should be a link to the release notes right there along with it.
> >
> > Just my opinion though. :)
>
> Well the "Whats new in 8.1" link is on the front page, although a
> link to the Release Notes on that page (whatsnew) could be handy?

Yes, and that's fantastic because it's very clear and easy to find.
However, it's for 8.1 only. I was looking for 8.1.2 specifically.

I suppose what I'm saying is that for someone who isn't familiar with
the layout of the site it's a bit difficult to find the release notes
for any given version of PostgreSQL as things stand.

Maybe even just one release notes link somewhere on the front page to
the full list would suffice? In fact, the 'Shortcuts' list of links
could be the perfect place for it.

--

Russ