Case studies (was: [PERFORM] big databases & hospitals]) - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jim C. Nasby
Subject Case studies (was: [PERFORM] big databases & hospitals])
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Any reason why there's a lot more detail in the daemonnews post than in
our posted case study?

----- Forwarded message from Tomka Gergely <tomka@zeus.gau.hu> -----

Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 18:55:49 +0100 (CET)
From: Tomka Gergely <tomka@zeus.gau.hu>
To: Chris Mair <list@1006.org>
Cc: psql performance list <pgsql-performance@postgresql.org>
Subject: Re: [PERFORM] big databases & hospitals

2006-01-14 ragyog? napj?n Chris Mair ezt ?zente:

> > Additionally, because this company develops hospital information systems,
> > if someone knows about a medical institute, which uses Postgresql, and
> > happy, please send me infomation. I only now subscribed to the advocacy
> > list, and only started to browse the archives.
>
> Hi,
>
> have you seen this case study:
> http://www.postgresql.org/about/casestudies/shannonmedical

Yes, and i found this page:

http://advocacy.daemonnews.org/viewtopic.php?t=82

which is better than this small something on the postgres page. Quotes
like this:

"The FreeBSD/PostgreSQL combination is extremely flexible and
robust."

the sweetest music for us. But two example better than one, and i can't
find technical details, the size of the data, by example. I can only guess
the architecture (single node, single cpu, no HA or expensive RAID,
because AFAIK FreeBSD in 2000 was not to good in this areas).

Thanks, of course!

--
Tomka Gergely
Tudom, anyu. Sapka, s?l, doksi.