Re: PgFoundry Move - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: PgFoundry Move
Date
Re: PgFoundry Move  ("Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org>)
List pgsql-www
On Monday 16 January 2006 16:48, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Jan 2006, Robert Treat wrote:
> > based on my interaction with the foundry admins, afaict the single thing
> > stopping us from getting pgfoundry onto a new server is that we're
> > trying to do it on bsd (reread fetters' email for a good synopisis of
> > this).  At what point do we decide moving forward is more important than
> > the os we are putting it on?
>
> Never,

we never decide that moving forward is more important than the os... that
explains some things....

> cause the longer it takes to move it, the less requirement there is
> to move it as I bring on better/more powerful servers *shrug*
>
> Within the next month or so, we'll have a new 64bit server going online,
> which I'll be able to move pgfoundry over to that has faster drives and
> more memory *shrug*

So if we procrastinate^h^h^hcan just hold out for another 2 months we can be
completely up and running with gforge on a quality dedicated bsd machine?
Cause I think we can be up and running in month on a linux box...  now i dont
have anything against bsd so if you only need one extra month I'm happy with
that, but if you come back in three and say you need two more...

--
Robert Treat