Re: duplicate postings in planetpostgresql - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Frank Wiles
Subject Re: duplicate postings in planetpostgresql
Date
List pgsql-www
On 13 Jan 2006 10:57:38 -0500
Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> I think we have another case like David Wheelers where old blog posts
> are picking up in the feed as new entrys for the current date. This
> one is on Frank Wiles blog. I think last time it was an issue with
> the feed, not sure if thats the case here, can you look into it?  If
> you need help ping me on irc :-)

  Hi Robert,

  I noticed this too and E-mailed Devrim about it just a few minutes
  ago.  As far as I know my feed is ok and has the proper dates in it,
  as things show up just fine in RSS readers.   The URL to the feed
  is:

  http://www.revsys.com/rss/blog/postgresql/index.xml

  This static file is generated hourly which I believe is the date/time
  planetpostgresql.org has listed as the date/time for all of my posts.

  I'm using Perl's XML::RSS module to generate the RSS and it doesn't
  appear to have a method of inserting a pub date/time per post.  Not
  being an RSS expert I'm not sure if this is normal or not.

  If someone can point out what is wrong with my feed, if my feed is at
  fault, I'll get it corrected right away.

  Thanks!

   Frank Wiles <frank@revsys.com>
   Revolution Systems, LLC.