Re: Improving Inner Join Performance

From: Frank Wiles
Subject: Re: Improving Inner Join Performance
Date: ,
List: pgsql-performance

Tree view

Improving Inner Join Performance  ("Andy", )
 Re: Improving Inner Join Performance  (Frank Wiles, )
 Re: Improving Inner Join Performance  ("Andy", )
  Re: Improving Inner Join Performance  (Michael Glaesemann, )
 Re: Improving Inner Join Performance  ("Andy", )
 Re: Improving Inner Join Performance  (Pandurangan R S, )
 Re: Improving Inner Join Performance  ("Andy", )
  Re: Improving Inner Join Performance  (Jaime Casanova, )
 Re: Improving Inner Join Performance  ("Andy", )
  Re: Improving Inner Join Performance  ("Jim C. Nasby", )

On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 17:16:47 +0200
"Andy" <> wrote:

> Hi to all,
>
> I have the following query:
>
> SELECT count(*) FROM orders o
>       INNER JOIN report r ON r.id_order=o.id
>       WHERE o.id_status>3

> How can I improve this query's performace?? The ideea is to count all
> the values that I have in the database for the following conditions.
> If the users puts in some other search fields on the where then the
> query runs faster but in this format sometimes it takes a lot lot of
> time(sometimes even 2,3 seconds).
>
> Can this be tuned somehow???

  Do you have an index on report.id_order ? Try creating an index for
  it if not and run a vacuum analyze on the table to see if it gets
  rid of the sequence scan in the plan.

   Frank Wiles <>
   http://www.wiles.org