Re: Need SQL Help Finding Current Status of members - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: Need SQL Help Finding Current Status of members
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Sat, Dec 17, 2005 at 07:34:22PM -0500, Michael Avila wrote:
> The table is not empty. I did some playing around with the SQL Statement but
> got no where. So I added a record status column that will be non-NULL when
> the status becomes history because a new status is added. Yeah, I cheated to
> make it easy!! LOL But it now works and that is what counts!

Even if you're satisfied with whatever you ended up doing, it might
still be educational to find out why the query didn't work.  If you
post a test case we'll take a look; we might even be able to suggest
a better solution than the "cheat" you used.

--
Michael Fuhr