Re: missing something obvious about intervals? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Volkan YAZICI
Subject Re: missing something obvious about intervals?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Dec 12 01:00, David Rysdam wrote:
> I have a table that has a date field and a "real" field that represents
> a number of seconds.  I want select the date field + the seconds field.
> Just adding it doesn't work. Casting to interval doesn't work.
> to_date/to_timestamp don't work. How do I do this?

In the "9.9. Date/Time Functions and Operators" chapter of PostgreSQL
Documentation, here's the first example of the first page:

Operator: +
Example : date '2001-09-28' + integer '7'
Result  : date '2001-10-05'

--
"We are the middle children of history, raised by television to believe
that someday we'll be millionaires and movie stars and rock stars, but