Re: Help on collation and accent sensitivity - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Help on collation and accent sensitivity
Date
List pgsql-general
jlmssilva wrote:
> I'm experienced with SQL Server (now learning pg)
> and there only by choosing the appropriate collation I get
> case/accent sensitivity policy well defined. Is there any similar
> parameter in pg that I've missed and have the same effect?

You could try to define your own locale, but I'm not sure how that works
on Windows.

Rumour has it that some people to accent-insensitive comparisons using
the to_ascii function.  Since the notion of accent-sensitivity differs
between languages, it'd probably be best if you wrote your own
conversion function.

--
Peter Eisentraut