Re: PostgreSQL, PostGIS and the African Elephant Database - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: PostgreSQL, PostGIS and the African Elephant Database
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Julian,

As I expected, your appeal was very popular in our community.   I've seen 7
offers of help, three of them from companies, including development time,
hosting and expertise.   Additionally, one of our community members has
several collegues in Kenya who do PostgreSQL and could help out at your
Nairobi office.  Another community member who maintains a bird-tracking
database offered his expertise, as well.
See this thread for the offers of help:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-advocacy/2005-11/msg00099.php

What I think we should do next is put up a project on our development side,
pgFoundry.org.   Then you and the users can collaborate on building a
PostGIS-enabled solution.  How does "Wildlife Tracking Database" sound?

--
--Josh Berkus

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Project Core Team
www.postgresql.org

(all opinions expressed are my own; I do not speakfor the Project unless specifically noted.)