Re: Install pg_regress by default - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Install pg_regress by default
Date
List pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:
> > This patch allows pg_regress to be installed by default.  This was
> > proposed awhile back but never done, any objections if I commit this?
>
> I've forgotten the details, but it seems like there was something else
> that this depended on to be of any use?  What are you envisioning people
> doing with it?

Actually it works, as you discovered some time ago, using PGXS.  I use
it to test PL/php.  (Yes, I'm hacking on that ugly thing.)  I think
other module authors would also have some sort of regression testing;
having this in place eases things a bit.

I guess people whose packages need to support systems without PGXS
already have some testing harness in place, so it will be less useful to
them.

> BTW, I think you need an uninstall target too.

Ok.