Re: Replicating databases - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Replicating databases
Date
Re: Replicating databases  (vishal saberwal <vishalsaberwal@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 05:23:34PM -0600, Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> > It seems kludgey this way, though.  What you really need is
> > multimaster with conflict resolution, because you can depend on your
>
> Isn't Slony2 supposed to do just that?

Well, to the extent that slony 2 ever is going to do anything, our
original aim was multimaster replication in a single data centre.
Some folks have been working on various approaches that seem to be
bearing real bitter fruit, though, and I don't know how hopeful I am
these days for a general-purpose tool that will do that.

It's certainly a laudable goal, though, and if people want to work on
such a target, I'd sure like to know about it.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
"The year's penultimate month" is not in truth a good way of saying
November.
        --H.W. Fowler