Re: Limit usage of tcop/dest.h - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Limit usage of tcop/dest.h
Date
List pgsql-patches
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
> > Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> writes:
> > > So instead of changing the names of the CommandDest enum, I'm hiding it
> > > from external view.
> >
> > I thought renaming them was a better idea, actually.  A whole separate
> > include file to have one forward typedef seems pretty silly.  Nor am I
> > convinced that you won't break some people's code by removing the rest
> > of dest.h from spi.h.  Finally, for anyone who *does* need to include
> > dest.h, this doesn't address the underlying problem of risk of conflict
> > of names.
>
> Does the change make building PL/PHP easier?

Yes, the point of these changes is to make PL/php much easier.  Either
one will do -- renaming the enum elements is what I'm doing now, so we
don't have to change include file.

(Mind you, I still believe that that particular declaration does not
belong in that file, but that's a different discussion.)

(We will still need some hack in order to build PL/php against 8.0, but
that's another problem.)

--
Alvaro Herrera                 http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/DXLWNGRJD34J
"Nunca se desea ardientemente lo que solo se desea por razón" (F. Alexandre)