Re: Limit usage of tcop/dest.h - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Limit usage of tcop/dest.h
Date
List pgsql-patches
Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera said:
> > Hi,
> >
> > (It also allows PL/php to compile without having to patch
> > PHP nor PostgreSQL sources).
>
> That will make some people I know happy ;-)

Yeah -- the current PL/php build system is a crock (not sure what that
is, but it sounds nice and it appears on Pg sources) :-) so I'm
currently modifying it to work using PGXS.  They won't need Pg sources
at all really (and conversely, only PHP headers and the shared lib, not
the whole sources).

--
Alvaro Herrera                 http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/CTMLCN8V17R4
"La realidad se compone de muchos sueños, todos ellos diferentes,