Re: Frequency of Analyze? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Benjamin Smith
Subject Re: Frequency of Analyze?
Date
List pgsql-general
Wow.

Does it really produce the expected (probably dramatic, in my case!)
improvement in performance? (I'll be trying it out anyway..., but I'd love
your feedback)

How stable is it? Looks like I have a PG upgrade in my near future...

-Ben

On Friday 28 October 2005 14:51, you wrote:
> > 3) What's the best way to handle indexes when only 1 index is used per
table
> > in a query, but there are several due to the various constraints on it? Is
> > there a way to benefit from all of these other indexes somehow? Is there a
> > definitive, detailed book for optimizing PG queries?
>
> 8.1 can utilize multiple indexes per table.

- XEROX PARC slogan, circa 1978