postgis / mediawiki / postgresql was Re: [Freegis-list] Re: [GENERAL] Map of Postgresql Users (OT) - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Robert Treat
Subject postgis / mediawiki / postgresql was Re: [Freegis-list] Re: [GENERAL] Map of Postgresql Users (OT)
Date
List pgsql-www
On Friday 28 October 2005 06:44, Arnulf Christl wrote:
> Yet another idea:  Mediawiki (the
> Wikipedia software) is also right now introducing geometries to the Wiki
> database - obviously also using PostgreSQL/PostGIS. This would be
> another cool multiplier.. and there we also meet with Google again.

Wha? mediawiki is planning to use postgis with thier software? I'm currently
working with some folks on a working port of wikimedia to postgresql
(allowing things like transactions and full text searching all in the same
database). That would certainly seem to dovetail into this... you have any
links I could read up on the wikipedia/postgis effort on ?

--
Robert Treat