Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Oracle buys Innobase - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martín Marqués
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Oracle buys Innobase
Date
List pgsql-general
El Dom 16 Oct 2005 01:20, Chris Travers escribió:

> The only real downside is that I could see MySQL developing a
> FirebirdSQL table handler if too much pressure is put on them.  This
> might actually work OK since Firebird has an embeddable engine.  If they
> do this then Oracle might end up with basically the personnel from the
> Innobase acquisition and very little else.  Of course MySQL has
> progressed to the point where larger license fees might not alienate too
> many customers.

I'm not sure, as FireBird has a very difficult to understand license, but
could they enforce there commercial license with the FireBird engine (if they
have it)?

--
select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar' AS email;
Martín Marqués          |   Programador, DBA