Re: License blurb (was: Release, 3rd draft) - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: License blurb (was: Release, 3rd draft)
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Monday 03 October 2005 17:58, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > > Too negative.   We want to emphasize the positives of *our* license
> > > while not criticizing other people's.
> >
> > One issue is that many people seem to equate the two, so I think it's
> > going to be difficult/impossible to not have some negative verbage about
> > other licenses. But, I'll give it a shot...
>
> See my last post. It isn't that hard. You just completely ignore the
> fact that the GPL even exists or any other license for that matter.
>
> There is only one open source license for this PR and that is the BSD
> license. We don't even have to mention the others.

Agreed.  I happen to use a lot of GPL software, and don't feel the need to
beat up on it.

"PostgreSQL is licensed under the business friendly BSD license, meaning it is
safe for use in both commercial products and open source projects, without
the worry of additional license fees."

--
Robert Treat