Re: PGDN and CVS - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: PGDN and CVS
Date
List pgsql-www
Gevik,

> I just want to get my hands building :):)

Oh, I can understand your frustration.   I often feel the same way when
dealing with GForge.  However, I have a realistic idea on how long it would
take to implement all the Administrative Crap We Can't Live Without.

> Is this Framewerk the same as www.Framewerk.org?

Yes.  Looks like Gavin has taken the site down pending the release of the new
version.  Framewerk doesn't have much of a community (yet) but has the
advantage of having the lead developer on this list (hi, Gavin!).   It's also
taken care of the admin overhead like users and permissions and stuff.

So if you can't deal with Bric because it's Perl & Template toolkit, then I'd
talk to Gavin about extending Framewerk.

But please, please, please don't start from scratch!

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions