Re: 8.1 release, next take - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: 8.1 release, next take
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Oleg,

> You missed GiST concurrency and recovery project we've done for 8.1.
> Also, it'd be nice to mention that PosGIS project sponsored it.
> Probably, we could get quotes from PosGIS community.

Yeah, I was thinking of putting GiST concurrency on the Press Kit webpage.
Unfortunately, anything involving GiST is pretty much a "PostgreSQL Insider"
feature, since it would be hard to explain to the press even what GiST *is*.

Heck, I'd have left off Shared Row Locking for the web page if I wasn't trying
to counteract FUD about PostgreSQL not having row-level locking.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions