8.1 release, next take - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject 8.1 release, next take
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Folks,

OK, I've put up a revised version of the 8.1 release on the Press Project.
For those of you who are on that project, the files are on CVS here:
http://cvs.pgfoundry.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/press/pr/releases/8.1/en/
(we voted last year on whether to use CVS or some web-based editing method,
and our translators liked CVS).

For those of you not on the project, I've put the first draft up in Docs:
http://pgfoundry.org/docman/view.php/1000047/85/release.txt
(if you're going to be helping with the release, let me know and I'll add
you to the project).

There's a few things I'm still not satisfied with on this release:

1) The first paragraph lacks punch.  Suggestions?

2) I don't know about the location in the byline.  I was told by a PR
professional that we *had* to have one for 8.0, but then pretty much all
the news services stripped it out.  I'm going to ask GreenPlum's PR firm
if we can leave it off.

3) Lance, you ready to own this quote?   I embellished it some.

4) I wanted to divide the "buzzworthy" features into two sections.
However, I don't think that the way I did it really works.  Ideas?

5) Can someone **please** give me a more exciting description of what ROLES
are for?

6) Merlin, you ready to own a quote?   What's your company and title?  Do
we need authorization from your company?

7) I'm not sure about the placement of the quotes either.  Suggestions
welcome.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus