Re: psql from Linux script - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: psql from Linux script
Date
List pgsql-general
Bernard wrote:
> So when we hit the reply button of our email client then we get the
> individual sender where in fact we would prefer to get the list
> address pgsql-general@postgresql.org.

No, we would not prefer that.  If you write to me, then my reply goes to
you, no matter by what means your message was conveyed to me.

> The list server should, if it
> was reasonably functional, add a "Reply-to" header with its own
> address.

If you would like a different reply behavior activated on your posts,
then you are free to add a Mail-Followup-To header to your emails.