Re: Resore PG-Data from Files after crash - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: Resore PG-Data from Files after crash
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 08:56:40AM -0700, tomtailor@freesurf.fr wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've the following Problem and hope someone can help me. My PostgreSQL
> Database were running on a Debian Linux. Some day the OS crahsed and -
> here's the Problem - there is no dump file from Database. But I still
> have the files in base, global, pg_clog. So I did a fresh setup and
> copied the files in the pg data directory. But even I try to start via
> pg_ctl fails caus:

Looks like you're missing at least pg_xlog (which resetxlog might fix
for you) and PGVERSION (which is just a tag file).

I recommand running initdb on an empty directory and copy the stuff you
do have over the top and see if that works...

Keep a backup though...

Attachment