Re: TODO list comments - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim C. Nasby
Subject Re: TODO list comments
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 09:58:04PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > * %Allow RULE recompilation
>
> Eh?  Perhaps you meant "automatically regenerate cached plans when
> needed", in which case it's redundant with the Dependency Checking
> entries.  Whatever it means, this doesn't seem a particularly simple
> item.

Hrm... I read that as allowing CREATE OR REPLACE on rules, but of course
that already exists.

http://lnk.nu/search.postgresql.org/3mt.search

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2003-08/msg01045.php

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2004-05/msg00985.php

> >     o Remove unnecessary abstractions in pg_dump source code
>
> Like which?

I *think* this is reffering to how pg_dump makes some assumptions about
what things are system objects.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2005-08/msg00203.php
doesn't help a heck of a lot...

Can we add an interface to the TODO list that contains search links back
to the mailing lists?
Pervasive Software        http://pervasive.com        512-569-9461