Postgresql replication - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Carlos Henrique Reimer
Subject Postgresql replication
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

Currently we have only one database accessed by the headquarter and two branches but the performance in the  branches is very poor  and I was invited to discover a way to increase it.

One possible solution is replicate the headquarter DB into the two branches.

I read about slony-i, but then the replicated DBs will be read-only.

Pgcluster is a sync solution and I think is not fited for us becase the replicated DBs will be located remotely and we have a lot of updates on the DBs.

I think I´m looking for a master-slave assynchronous solution. I know pgReplicator can do it, but I think the project is not active any more.

Are there another solutions?

Thanks in advance!

Reimer

http://br.download.yahoo.com/messenger/