Re: ecpg and C++ - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: ecpg and C++
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 05:07:04PM -0400, Peter L. Berghold wrote:
> If I wanted to embed SQL code in a C++ file is there a way to use ecpg
> to generate the proper C++ files?

Sorry for the late answer, but I have been on vacation and some business
trips, so I'm just catching up on my mail backlog.

What exactly do you want to get and do not? ecpg is supposed to be a C
precompiler, but it should at least accept most C++ stuff as well. That
of course means that it is output as read, so remains C++.

The internal code produced remains C of course unless you implement a
different output engine.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes