Re: Linux trademark and PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Linux trademark and PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Fri, 19 Aug 2005, Lance Obermeyer wrote:

> Agree that having the Foundation be the administrator makes sense.

At this time, there is no Foundation being formed *other then* the
Advcacy Foundation, which, as was agreed to when it was formed, has
ownership over neither the code, or the trademark ...

If, at some time in the future, we do create such a Foundation though,
then we can discuss transferring the trademark over ...

As I have discussed with Josh Berkus in the recent past, and we have
discussed on -core several times, we have no problems with coming up with
a more formal "Grant of Use" then what exists right now (right now, its
just always been a "verbal thing") ... but I hadn't heard anything further
from Josh about it, so assumed he was working on stuff as concerns that
already ...

  ----