Startup ... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gary Fay
Subject Startup ...
Date
List pgsql-general
I have a fedora core 3 system. I was able to start the
postgres server with the tool but I have no idea how
to create the databases. I am getting errors about my
user id and I should connect with the one that started
the server, but I used the tool, not a command.

(Stopping the server and using a command did not work
so well either.) Documentation was read but was found
wanting. (KISS) Google gave high level stuff but I
just want the basics, its running, who is defined to
access and or how do I start as the postgres user?

Gary

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs