Re: EnterpriseDB - what happens to pgsql? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Subject Re: EnterpriseDB - what happens to pgsql?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 14:41:01 -0400
"Denis Lussier" <denis@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> - The Postgres community is incredibly rich and diverse.  It's getting
> ever stronger and momentum is gaining for the worlds most advanced
> open source database.  We're proud to be a part of this massive
> collaborative effort that is bigger than any individual, company,
> country, or continent.

PostgreSQL has a good community, we only need to spread the "most
advanced database" part a little bit so that more people will know and
take care. It does not help to have a good product/software, people have
to use it to make it successful.

> - We are trying to provide an increasing amount of functionality that
> helps free Oracle (and other proprietary DB vendors) customers from
> vendor lock-in and exhorbitant pricing.   Can this be a bad thing??

Since this is, what PostgreSQL is also doing (increasing functionality):
no, this could not be a bad thing at all.

Kind regards

--
                Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
 (Ferenc Mantfeld)